Tuesday 5 July 2011

Garden Quilting & Future Projects

My quilting’s going well, I had a gorgeous day in the garden on a blanket, quilting in the sun with a cup of coffee. I really got into the swing of it and got nicely brown in the process, all be it on my shoulders and on one arm as my other arm was underneath the quilt helping with my stab stitching.


Our pusskins was running about causing havoc with the birds and voles as usual, but kept on coming up to me to see what I was doing and as if asking me why I was sitting outside with the garden being her territory :)


Although my stitches are far from perfectly and really not in straight lines I’m going to think about the big picture and the obvious handmade nature of it, plus it is my first quilt! (please don't look too closely! My ‘smart’ hand underneath the quilt obviously isn’t that smart sometimes!) Starting to learn how to quilt with a nearly double bed sized completely handmade quilt was slightly ambitious, so anything like this I’m not too worried about.
 
My next projects may be a little different…

Things to do:
  1. 40th birthday present for my fab friend – a pink and white double bed runner based on this beauty at moda
  2. Something for mum for Christmas (yes I’m thinking that early!)– I’m thinking a fairly simple lap quilt for her to snooze under on the sofa, possibly just a square charm pack quilt 
  3.  Machine sewn quilt – cot sized for the future (possibly with patchwork rolling telly tubbies hills, a big tree with apples and birds, a little house in the background and a smiley sun in the corner. It was sorta pre-planned in photoshop during one of my semi-broody days) 
  4.  Machine sewn lap quilt for me 
  5.  Cathedral window cushion
  6. Something using this fab handpieced star & hexie design like this, might have larger scaled pieces, but I love the look of the stars with my lovely hexies in the middles.

No comments:

Post a Comment