Saturday 28 July 2012

Long time no blog

Been a while since my last post for some reason, think I just got out of the habit. So, to update whats been going on since April (wow, that long!)

Had a lovely visit from Mum for her birthday weekend in April, with much shopping, cake and local attraction visits.

Not much going on with my stationary shop at the moment. I do want to get this off the ground so I have another focus when kiddos arrive in the next couple of years, but it seems like a big long slog to get things going for it. I've printed a sample set based on our own wedding stationary, but not sure if I can use it after expensively buying our supplies from America. Will possibly use this to show what I can do rather than what you can buy (unless you want to pay the shipping fees). Will keep thinking about this one, so all is not lost!


Been really thinking about having a family with my relatively new husband (2 years next week, eek!) and will be giving back my beloved smart car for a more sensible, but still rather cool looking navy blue fiesta in the new year. Would love to start planing properly for such a big life changing thing, but kinda think it might be bad luck.

Quilting: I have finished my wonky star quilt and it now lives in the living room on standby to cover me on the sofa when the 'summer' evenings get chilly in our non-centrally heated converted cowshed. I am pleased with it, but I wished I put more thought into the fabric selection, there are some I don't really like featured, just bought/used to fit the colour needs. Was quite happy with my stitching in the ditch and don't care you can see the stitching when my needle went a bit wayward :)
I've also started a new hand sewn english paper pieced lap quilt, might be a surprise for my husband on our cotton anniversary next week. Have only basted a couple of dozen diamonds, but have the plan! will take me a while again, but nice to have a project I can dip into when I'm watching telly.
We had a brilliant week-long holiday to Verona, including day trips to Venice (ergh) and Lake Guarda (lovely). Had some amazing food, gelato and copious amounts of Spritz Aperol :) Also went to Verona Arena's opening show, which was live on Italian TV with sections of the year's opera, Italian stars and randomly Justin Bieber who came on stage for one song nearly causing an avalanche of spectators in the cheap seats.
Gardening: I bought a Rocket Garden pack with a friend to create an instant veg garden and despite the plants looking a little pathetic when we got back from Verona (nice timing after waiting nearly 4 months) my patch has never looked so good.
Baking: I've done a fair bit of baking in the last couple of months, have quite a reputation with my work folk and my husband's work mates. Made my first steamed jam pudding, was lovely but took absolutely AGES! Proudly created some italian meringue for lemon meringue pie cupcakes with lemon curd filling, yum!
It was also my third decade birthday a few weeks ago, not an event I was especially looking forward to , but enjoyed every minute of the surprises my husband and mum arranged for me! First off, me and C flew down to Luton for the weekend, this I knew about, but everything else was a surprise. We arrived to a lovely birthday lunch at mums, including photos from my childhood around the living room, bagels and smoked salmon - yum! Next i was wished away to a horse riding lesson which was amazing, but i definitely felt the effects of all that leg gripping for the next few days! We had a lovely dinner with everyone from C's family along with mum mum and grandad - who got rather merry on red wine, so funny, bless! along with that, mum and I went for a pamper with afternoon tea, C took me to London on the Saturday for a shop around Harrods (mmm laudre macaroons), selfridges and lunch at Harvey Nicks. Met everyone again in the evening to go an see Matilda the musical which was fab, Tim Minchin wrote beautifully, really in awe of the actress who played the lead.
I think thats all thats happened now, so we're up-to-date!

No comments:

Post a Comment