Tuesday 25 October 2011

And a cushion for luck

I finished the bed runner and thought it looked a bit strange on its own, so I whipped up a little cushion to go with it with the scraps and bits left over.





Its a pillowcase type back and bound and quilted similarly to the runner. I think they look great together considering I made the black binding too :)
Here's the back:



The back of the runner looks good I think too



Extra touches make the difference
She's a cat liver so I wanted to include that and make the label integral to the design. I'm a bit annoyed it doesn't really fit as it was done before I planned the back, but I squeezed it in.



This is based on one of her amazing tattoos which happened to be in my doodle stitching book too



But I did wimp out of FMQ and went for basic straight stitching which I don't mind :)



It's all wrinkly as I'd kept it rolled up so hopefully that's not properly puckering as it seems, but hey I don't mind that either!
I'll give them to the birthday girl next week so hopefully she'll like them!

On to the next & I've only got 7 weeks to do this lap quilt for Christmas, eek!!



It was pusskins birthday yesterday too, so here she is after lots of posh food, treats, chasing birds and playing with her new toys. Bless




No comments:

Post a Comment