Monday 12 March 2012

Back for now

So it's been a bit of a while since I finished the runner in my last post, where did those months go?!
What's happened then?
The birthday girl loved her runner and accompanying cushion & suited her newly decorated spare room.

I started and finished mums Christmas lap quilt, pieced, backed before we left. I hand quilted it using an enlarged version of this great pantograph (link to follow) - hearts, flowers and trailing leaves, what more could you want?!

Glad for a few days before the big day, i was still hand-stitching the front of the binding and quilting until 2am christmas morning! But it was done!

She loved it, cried almost instantly and was snoozing underneath it within a few hours :)

 


Christmas back at home with my family was really lovely, my hubbys first at my mums house, so a different experience! We're going to be at home again this year, but hopefully someone can join our party of three to make it feel more festive.
With the imminence of my big 30th in July I've been thinking of what I can do to commemorate it. I've been wanting to get a tattoo since I was around 13, nothing huge although I'd love a full on sleeve, I just don't have the guts for it. So I'm looking forward to getting my three oak leaves on the inside of my left foot in a few months, slightly scared but excited at the same time. Oak leaves as my grandad has a massive oak tree in his garden and was always the focus of activities in my childhood there, inspired my nans faith in god by making things grow independently & so effortlessly and then there's the whole 'from acorns do mighty oak trees grow' saying which I completely love & has influenced this blog's title :)
 
I'm trying to slim down a bit by going back to Jazzercise twice a week, which from early January till this week has been working but my hurting feets have stopped me this week. My lovely new physio next door neighbour says its plantar facilitus and I need to stretch and roll to help but this week it was way to painful :( not something that'll go away easily but hey ho!
Probably defeating or equalising my athletic efforts I've been baking quite alot this year too, cupcakes, hot cross buns, lemon drizzle and a gigantic chocolate fudge cake which apparently was demolished by air traffic controllers within an hour!
 
For no apparent reason I've taught myself how to crochet too, quite successfully in the end but I don't think I'll do anything with it!
Started on my own lap quilt, which will be a multicoloured wonky star, sorry no pics yet as I've just selected bits of my fabric stash and haven't started my least favourite job of cutting it all up, but watch this space!

As is tradition I'll finish this with a daft cat picture... Smug isn't the word...

X


PS. I'm on Pinterest now, so if you want to see a gathering of random thoughts, things I love, ideas for my imminent tattoo etc, go here

No comments:

Post a Comment