Wednesday 17 August 2011

I present to you: Mr Quilty!

The last stitch was sewn at 10 o’clock last night.!

Its only taken around 600 hours in 10 ½ months, nearly 940 hexies, around 100,500 stitches (!) but its FINISHED!










There’s been a lot of highs and lows, tons of fabric bought, given and used, lots of nice new people met, hours of internet research, new techniques learnt as I go and slowly my quilting and fabric addictions gathered momentum.

I am really really pleased with how it turned out and it will always make me smile when I see it lazing about on our spare bed.
Finished at last, zzz...
As soon as I put it out for its mini-photoshoot, our cat decided to make herself comfortable on it and blooming pick it to make her bed! Argh!! Think my heart skipped a couple of beats. Flipping cat! Not that much damage, only a couple of picks, but in the grand scheme of things you can't notice it amongst the other hexies and many seams

What's next...

No comments:

Post a Comment