Friday 26 August 2011

The quite good, the slightly rubbish & the sleepy

Early this week I made this union jack scrappy clock:
It's literally some scraps wonder-webbed to a back piece, sewn over the top, cut, then glued to a nicely hacked piece of foam board and a clock mechanism. I think it looks quite good, just don't pick it up and look at the back!

Then the rest of this weeks evenings were taken up with my friends pink and white birthday bed runner windmill thing while my husband worked his evening shifts. I've got all the fabric sorted out, just need to cut some more whites to make it up. Have finished all the little ones, after sewing half of them back to front, unpicking and resewing. That's after cutting every square too small...
But it'll be fine in the end!
Next, tonight I swiftly made these:
It's a cupcake pincushion and a cup like thread catcher. Wanted a thread catcher to help keep my workspace tidier along the way with my other projects and saw some amazing cupcake pin cushions and what goes with cake, tea! This (slightly rubbish) cup is a fabric ball pattern cut in half, with a calico liner & fancy curly handle hand sewn on the side. Doesn't really look like a cup, not even if you squint and tilt your head, but it'll do it's job nevertheless.
I think our cat would like to be quilted though, here's where she slept the whole evening. Utter bliss ontop of the cane box inside a quilting hoop. Bless!
As the weekends likely to be rubbish, I'm likely to do more of the runner, so I'll keep posting it's progress as I go.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment